Dusk isn't always this nice.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Salvation!!

The Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who've influenced you and who will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.


Author's Note: This took like about 2 minutes to scribble down..and seriously, 15 is just way too less!!!

In no particular order:
All time favourites:
1. Tom Clancy (The only movie series adapted from a book that didn't leave me disappointed have been authored by this guy..though I guess Harrison Ford had more to do with it than the novelist-cum-scriptwriter himself! )
2. John Grisham (I almost became a lawyer because of him!)
3. Sidney Sheldon (For those quick reads)
4. Stephaine Mayor (Human-Vampire-Werewolf Triangle; makes me wish the Underworld series had been books first)
5. PC and Kristen Cast (Gossip Girls AND the Twilight Series rolled into one!!)
6. J.K Rowling (.....)
7. JRR Tolkein (Consistent with my fascination with the world of fantasy, the 3-in-1 LOTR book is one of the books in my book collection, dating way back to 2000 AD)

One -book wonders :
8. Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper
9. Eric Segal - Love Story

(I cried buckets and buckets while reading both of them!)

Oldies and Goldies:
10. George Bernard Shaw (His plays-OMG! Arms and the Man-Eternal favourite)
11. Rabindranath Tagore (The only Indian author/poet I've stayed loyal to)
12. Shakespeare (Every known play, Unabridged version)
13. Lord Byron (For the romantic! And Don Juan anyone?? Epitaph to a Dog, Love's Last Adieu, She walks in Beauty..marvels of poetry I tell you!)
14. Wordsworth (It would be ghastly to mention Byron but not this fellow in the same space!)
15. Ok..I'm going to cheat and break the rules here... :D
      The Bronte Sisters (For their women-centric works)



Narrow Misses:
1. Robert Ludlum (many know him for the Bourne Books alone..my favourite- HMS Unseen)
2. Robin Cook (Wish he would write some more...which reminds me..NAMAN, I NEED THAT BOOK!!!!)
3. Herge (Teeeeeenteeeeeeeeeeeen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment